The resources listed below provide additional information about preparing yourself and your family for an emergency.
- Are You Ready? - http://www.fema.gov/areyouready/
Find comprehensive online and downloadable resources on individual, family and community preparedness.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - http://www.cdc.gov/
Under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the principal federal agency for protecting the health and safety of all Americans.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - http://www.bt.cdc.gov/
A Gateway to information on agents, diseases, and other threats.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - http://www.fema.gov/plan/index.shtm
"Plan and Prepare” site offers information on the range of natural and manmade disasters and guidance for protecting your family and property.
- Fleet and Family Support Center Locator - https://www.cnic.navy.mil/ffr/family_readiness/fleet_and_family_support_program/regional_office_program_directory.html
Locate the nearest Fleet and Family Support Center and get contact information from the ombudsman.
- Flu Information - www.flu.gov
A U.S. Department of Health and Human Services site with information on the various types and outbreaks of influenza.
- H1N1 Flu Fact Sheet
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - http://www.noaa.gov/
Find active weather alerts and information to make you weather ready.
- Navy Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) - http://www.nmcrs.org
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society can provide interest-free loans or grants to help with emergency needs.
- Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS) - https://navyfamily.navy.mil
Register your information before an emergency, report your status and needs after a declared disaster, and find references for planning and recovery.
- Ready.gov - www.ready.gov
The U.S Department of Homeland Defense's campaign to educate and empower Americans to prepare for emergencies, including natural disasters and potential terrorist attacks, features information and downloadable publications and checklists.
- Social Media Sites by Service - http://www.defense.gov/registeredsites/socialmediasites.aspx
- TRICARE (Disaster Information) - http://www.tricare.mil
In case of an emergency, TRICARE will provide up-to-date, critical information on TRICARE and Department of Defense-related matters that affect health benefits.
- World Health Organization - www.who.int/en
Find resources for epidemic alert and response issues.